Risk Systems Consulting
Competence-based consulting specialized in Risk Management Software Integration, Risk Systems Consulting is focused on deliver solutions to complex integration problems.
With bases in Europe and Australia and projects across the world we strive to deliver practical solutions to the ever-changing financial services arena.
We offer to train and support top level consultants to reach our clients’ objectives.
Are you an ambitious professional in Technologies or in Financial Engineering? Do you want to boost your career and learn best practices from top organizations around the world?
Send us your CV!
This role will involve the provision of support and consultancy to ensure the clients receive the best possible advice, guidance and quality of service; to support the clients on advanced Risk Management solutions with support of risk management and regulatory requirements.
- Provide consultancy and product support internally and to clients based on an understanding of proprietary third-party risk management software product and implementation requirements.
- Define and scope configuration, interfacing and enhancement work with project managers, senior engineers and financial engineers.
- Undertake setup and configuration of the software products (database, middleware, reporting solutions) troubleshooting, testing (functional and volume) for original installation and system upgrades.
- Install products and customized components on client sites, assist with acceptance tests and provide first line support following implementation.
- Develop customized solutions and modules in a range of development tools, typically, Python, Perl and shell scripting.
- Design and implement interfaces between client’s data proprietary third-party software. This will largely involve data mapping tool and definition of data required from the client’s systems.
- Where appropriate deliver training via formal training courses and workshop sessions internally and to clients.
- Deliver product overviews and lead discussions in client pre-sales, develop pilot and proof of concept solutions.
- Conduct research, data collection and analysis to prepare, present and deliver recommendations and solutions to clients.
- Use a range of methodologies, assets and work products to produce deliverables.
- Create and use intellectual capital to solve diverse, business issues in innovative ways.
- Understand technology in order to offer clients' recommendations and solutions that meet their business and IT needs as appropriate.
- Participate in the delivery and implementation of solutions for clients.
- Degree (preferably numerate/technical) or equivalent.
- Good hands-on use of Unix commands / file systems and Unix application installation and shell scripting.
- Some development experience and coding skills (Shell scripting, Python, Perl, Visual Basic).
- Systems interfacing or data migration between systems with mapping tools or bespoke solutions.
- Ability to Interpret customer requirements & define specifications.
- Troubleshooting and problem resolution skills.
- Ability and desire to adapt to, learn and explore new technologies.
- Ability to work with competing demands in small multi-discipline teams.
- Sound documentation, presentation and communication skills in a client facing environment.
- Familiarity with database essentials (SQL, installation, sizing, performance) Experienced DBA skills not essential, but familiarity with using one current RDBMS is desired.
- Understanding of the financial market place (market data, fixed income products, derivatives) in terms of the underlying data.
- Exposure to or familiarity with risk management (market risk / credit risk in commercial or treasury environment).
- Programming skills (Java, C++).
- Exposure to or familiarity with financial analytics and market data.
- Exposure to or familiarity to Agile implementation methodologies.
Other Job Requirements:
Project work is largely client or office based, and the ideal candidate must be able to manage periods in client sites predominantly in mainland Europe and potentially support other global offices. During the pandemic, we do not expect any travel to be required and work will be performed remotely.
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Understanding of Spanish or Italian.